Friday, April 25, 2008

Pinchi Gato

I haven't done much gardening this week as I went back to work.
Sometimes when I come home, I harass the guys to have dinner with me outside, sitting on our camping lawn chairs next to our plastic cube-light patio table.   I love this table, when you come over I'll plug it in, but I need a real patio set.

We made friends with a gato today while we were outside having dinner.  He is white-orange, long haired and his is name is Mickey [mickey blue eyes].  Yes, in honor of my Hugh Grant boyfriend and Jordan's love for mobsters.  

Mickey is a little weird.  He is right now meowing at the door, he has been for a few minutes, but it's more like 20-45 minutes.  Mickey is persistent and strong and he never lets up.  If you can imagine a beautiful cat tweaking, that's Mickey.  He is fidgety and while you can pet him, he might turn around and snap at you if he doesn't like something. 

Mickey is a street gato, living the crazy life chasing birds and avoiding predators around here, but he has pretty long hair and he's tough.  He has the most amazing blue eyes I have ever seen and his paw will slap you if you try to get up to walk away.   Soon, I will take a picture of him, but I can't now (even though he is crying at our front door) as he might return night after night to annoy us.  GEEZ, HE DOES NOT LET UP!  I am listening to him as I type.

Besides Mickey, we have a thief.  These perfect cuts are evidence:

HOLY MACKAREL, I AM SCARED.  I am sitting here typing and Jordan comes out to tell me, "Do you see, he is looking at you through the window!"   Mickey is freaking me out.  Apparently, he's propped up on the window sill and is meowing and making occasional hissing noises.  I do hear him, but I've been typing this whole time and didn't notice he is stretched out, standing on his two back legs, with the front paws on the window sill.  All you see is this tiny little face, but he's spooky now!  I gotta go take a picture.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Mickey is the ghost of Olympian?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pitufina said...

Hey, we don't talk about that!